Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If it keeps on raining, the levee's going to break.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Fuck your precipitation. Fuck the rain. The constant slow drizzle of fucktarded teenagers thinking they're all that.

This constantly-shifting soupy mass of crap, this cesspool of trendsetters and globules of trend-followers adhering madly to the closest particle of enough size to be affected by surface tension.

The trouble with being educated is that it takes a long time; it uses up the better part of your life and when you are finished what you know is that you would have benefited more by going into banking. But then again, I have always preferred being miserably enlightened, to blissfully ignorant. The red pill, in a heartbeat.

I post, and for a moment I find myself amongst friends - People who like what I have written. Then, a shadow of doubt, and people turn. Edits, accusations, questions of integrity. Fuck your integrity. If I write, then I write. If you read, you read. We are nothing but electric pixels played on a screen, bounced particles off a phosphor screen, so who are you to say what is real, true, or living? The electric things have their life too, paltry as those lives are.

Because today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing.

An Irishman hears that the banks are failing. He runs into the bank where he keeps his money and demands every cent of it. 'Yes sir,' the teller says politely. 'Do you want it in cash or in the form of a check?' The Irishman replies: 'Well, if you have it, I don't want it. But if you haven't got it, I must have it immediately.'

This illustrates power electric.

The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

And certainly - I live my life by science, and the basic tenet of science is to ask questions and not to take everything at face value. But there comes a point where you need to recognise the correct path. Persistent and perpetual skepticism doesn't make you a critical thinker, it just makes you a jackass. That is Insanity - to have to construct a picture of one's life, by making inquiries of others.

No comments: