Monday, November 24, 2008

Thumbprint Dreaming

There is something wrong here. I don't know what it is. I don't know who I am. Molten construct of perverted crystal, I shirk and tower at once - Light strikes my back and the sun warms me, but I cast a tall shadow nontheless. I am meaningless. Impertubable. Ghostlike, wrapped in an engima tied up with lies. WHy? Where is my reality?

I wish that I could take back my life. Turn back the clock. Burn the history books and strike memory from mind until all that remained was a little curl of ash and a gready wisp of smoke drifting out the window.

Then my real work could begin.

No matter what I do, I trip over myself at every turn. I build walls between me and my bed. I taste rainbows on my thumb and my soul burns white-hot. I CANNOT SEE THE LIGHT.

I hate myself. I need to redeem myself. Actions cannot be undone, the best option is to simply burn bridges and fall into ruin. Find a new canvas, tear off the wallpaper, for no amount of scrubbing will clean these stains. Rattle the foundations and pull up my roots.

New York is not my home.

No comments: