Wednesday, July 1, 2009

FLASHBACK - Circles Erratica

Wet, cold wind that hits you in the face - Bites your ears, threatens to tear your hat away and throw it into traffic.

I'm coming home tomorrow, my work here's almost done
Now all I have is sorrow for in time, we all go up in smoke

Endless hours at the airport - Tiny iPod, full of Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens and Colin Hay. Boots crunch on salt and concrete - Vancouver cigarettes, cheap lighters and hard eyes.

I'm coming home tomorrow, I've given back my gun
For all I own is borrowed and in time, we all go up in smoke

Late in the afternoon with my serene lady, looking for a coffeeshop, wound up topless in the snow, braving frostbite just to touch each other. later, strip poker and pink lemonade punch.

Silently as my tears flow, this fear keeps on burning
As I sleep and the winds blow, to you I'm returning

hockey in toronto. taxis, trains and buses, swapping stories with dope dealers on the subway. too much coke, blood noses while snowboarding. credit card debts and toffee near niagra.

I'm coming home tomorrow, I'll never meet my son
I am a local hero, but in time, we all go up in smoke

basement snacks, barefoot in the snow - smoking to pass the time, can't sleep, can't feel my fingers. glad I didn't roll back then.

Silently as my tears flow, my soul keeps on yearning
As I sleep and the winds blow, this world keeps on turning

I don't know why the memories are here now
but I'm glad they are
it was one of the greatest months of my life. I wish I was back there. life made sense.

I'm coming home tomorrow, my work here is all done
Now all I have is sorrow for in time, we all go up in smoke
We all go up in smoke

1 comment:

N.R said...

send me a telegram next time you're in town?
it's soon isn't it?